UCS Safety and Security Bond Proposal
Utica Community Schools voters will be asked to consider a Safety and Security Bond Proposal on November 6.
If approved, the bond proposal will:
- Install security cameras in schools to protect students, employees and visitors
- Make safety enhancements to entryways, classrooms and common areas in all of the district’s elementary and junior high school buildings
- Upgrade security systems at the high schools and expand card access systems district-wide
- Replace aging mechanical, heating, cooling and air circulation systems
- Replace piping and ventilation units that have reached the end of their useful life
- Remodel and upgrade facilities to protect the community’s investment in its schools
- Upgrade instructional technology to give students a competitive advantage
- Renovate school buildings to support specialized training in career technical education in areas like health care, automation and manufacturing so students can compete for the jobs of the future.
Your shopping makes a difference. Do your regular Amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com/ch/38-2696478 and Amazon donates to Utica Community Schools Foundation for Educational Excellence.